September 10, 2008

Here I am

As most of you (and by you, I mean anyone who would read this blog) know, we have been discussing and praying about adopting a child for many years. We are finally at a place in our lives to be able to move forward with this dream. Our hope is to be able to adopt a little girl between the age of 3-5 from Ethiopia. We submitted our adoption application today and also had our fingerprinting done by the local agency, too. We are assuming that the process will take about a year to complete. This is just the first step of many that we will take this next year on our journey to find the little girl that God has placed in my heart over 4 years ago. Doug and I and the children are very excited about our new addition and we all prayed and laid hands on the application this morning before it was sent out. I am so thankful for the unity we share and for the desire to be obedient to God's call to adopt.

Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord?
I have heard you calling in the night.
I will go, Lord, if you lead me.
I will hold your people in my heart.

No comments: