August 23, 2008

"Though this be madness, yet there is method in't."

Well, after close to 15 years, I have returned to the theater. Pause-for dramatic effect. I auditioned for the Fairbanks Shakespeare Theater and won the role of Hamlet's mother. We are not actually doing Hamlet, but a re-made comedy based on Hamlet. It is called, Omelet-the prince of Danish. I read the script through and it is actually pretty funny. I think that it will be a great role to break my 15 year absence from acting. Although, anyone who really knows me, knows I have never stopped acting. Just not on a stage. Ha Ha. Doug is absolutely thrilled for me and so are the children. I know that the timing for this may seem like madness to an outsider looking in. But, I believe that it is God's way of helping me keep the little sanity I still possess. This will be a wonderful way to reconnect with a part of myself that I have chosen to put to the side for a time. I am so thankful that the Lord knows more about me than I do, and that He is in perfect control.

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ecclesiastes 3:1

1 comment:

Mom said...

Love your blog, the music adds a lot. I smile (and cry) everytime I visit. Love Mom